Monday, November 19, 2012

You Remember Me?


Dear Family,
  This was a great week!  On Sunday it was Stake Conference.  And …I got to see the Grays! It was awesome. The whole family was there.  And the Dad, Scott Gray was ordained an Elder yesterday as well.  It was great! I got to see my best friend Laurieann. I went and sat next to her, and she was like “you remember me?” All the kids look so grown up, it was crazy. 
  Our investigator has quit smoking for two weeks now, thanks to the hard candy werthers original.  We gave him 3 bags in the last two weeks.  He will be baptized this Saturday. We are making some great head way, with the marshalese in our area.  We visited the Candles, a marshalese family in our ward.  Sis Candle is the sweetest lady, she is going through breast cancer right now and she just finished kemo.  After we shared a chivic kaduk (quick lesson), she asked us to teach her nephew who is in the 8th grade. 3 or 4 days ago he moved here from the islands. So we will hopefully baptize him this Sunday after church.   Unfortunately our investigators girlfriend who is a member moved their marriage back to the first week in December.  So as of now he will not be getting baptized this weekend.  But we will still want to talk with Julie and try and get it pushed back up to November. 
  I can’t believe it is already December, it is crazy.  Thanksgiving will be fun; we get to do a zone activity in the morning.  Oh, by the way Sister Webster talked with President Larkin (he came to Stake Conf this weekend) and asked about seeing me and President Larkin said no.  Which I am grateful I didn’t have to do.  In the missionary handbook were suppose to discourage those type of things. 
  Its going to be a busy Holiday season. We have been promised by President Larkin that we can baptize 10 people before the end of year. So we have to get to work!  Transfers are next week.  I am about 99.3% sure I will stay. I think Elder Brimhall will probably get transferred though.  But we will see..
Have fun at State this weekend!
Love, Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment