Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Speed Tracting...

Dear Family,
 
  This week has been pretty good. Its been a pretty tough week numbers wise but there were some really cool things that happened.  It's definitely back to Seattle weather though.  The past three or four days have been really gray.  This past week we have done a lot of tracting.  We got 80 contacts three times this week, which is pretty hard considering that we dont have any apartments.  We have been getting pretty good exercise running house to house.  It seems that we were able to talk to a lot of people and a lot of people wanted to hear a message but none of them were will to change and repent.  But we will hopefully have a baptism this week.  Tomorrow we will have a better idea on whether not he will be baptised this Saturday. We scheduled his interview this morning.  He knows God wants him to be baptised and he has been coming to church for about a year, but is a little scaried of making that step in his life right now. 
  Last week I gave a lot of blessings.  I gave one to a tongan boy named Joseph who was having surgery.  I also gave one to Judy one of our investigators, who actually dropped us at the same lesson.  And then I gave one to Sister Hirano, who is in my district. It was a pretty cool experience.  Normally someone just acts you to give them a blessing and tells you a little about what is going on.  But with giving the blessing to Sister Hirano, I already knew a lot of what was going on.  But it was funny because they texted us and asked if we had time that night to give a blessing.  We were like yes, where does the person live.  We thought it was one of their investigators, we didnt realize that it was one of them asking for a blessing.  So we met at the church for the blessing. It was also my first recorded blessing.  As I was getting ready to give the blessing I glanced at Sister Mahaffey her companion and saw that she had a note pad and pen.  So that was pretty cool.
  This week we have interviews with President Larkin. He will probably ask why we are not baptising.  Hopefully we can get Keldon solidified by then.  But I am excited about interviews, my first two were pretty inspiring and revelatory experiences.
  Well not much is going.  I have district meeting after this.  The emphasis of this district meeting is the Area Book, and keep record of everything. I am going to use the experience that Dad emailed about Grandpa Clarks mission. 
  Wes looks good in glasses.  I hope Reagan has a great tryouts just try your best and give it your all. But goodluck! Have a great week!
 
Love, Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment