Monday, June 18, 2012

Sacrament Picnics


Dear Family,
  Well when missionaries say it was one of those weeks.  We had one of those weeks.  We don’t have a lot of investigators right now, so we are doing a lot of tracting.  I’ve noticed that I have tracted the area out about twice by now and three times some places.  But we’ll keep finding people. 
  We gave talks in Sacrament meeting.  Elder Yamashita bore his testimony and I spoke on “The Rescue for Real Growth” and basically just focused if we love the savior we will feed his sheep.  It went pretty good.  Our ward had a picnic on Saturday, it was great.  We got two or three nonmembers there and two less actives there and Mercedes (recent convert) also was in Attendance.  I joked around with Bishop that we needed to have a Sacrament picnic.  He liked the idea but didn’t know if the handbook would. 
  Mercedes is doing well. She has attended church every Sunday.  The bishop and sis Robins is helping her get a job at Desert Industries. We went with her to the mission home in Mercer Island on Sunday night to a new member fireside.  It was good, she was able to bear her testimony. 
  I am doing good on shirts and everything. You would think it would be warming up here but not yet.  We still are getting a lot of rain.  Everyone says the weather gets better after the 4th..so we will see.
  As to what Elder Yamashita and I talk about, we mostly just talk about the work.  He knows a lot about the Sports in America but that’s about it.  Or that’s all that he can articulate in English, but his English is getting a lot better.
  Sounds like a normal summer at home. That’s too bad that Wesley’s bikes got stolen.  It’s too bad that people do that.  I miss working the basketball camp. I loved doing that.  The very little that I have thought about it, being a teacher and coaching basketball is something I would really love to do in the future.
 This week we won’t have a lot of time.  We have leadership council this week and that takes about 12 hours.  But it will be good. I love hearing from Pres. Larkin.  I really enjoyed the Wosley family pics.  Don’t tell them this but they look old! I can’t believe how many little ones there are! I think I figured out what was wrong with the pics. So I will send some next week!
Well have a great week!
Love, Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment