Monday, October 24, 2011

Did I say Halloween? I meant...

Good Morning!
   Well another week has came and gone by.  It was a pretty good week.  We only had 13 lessons, which was kind of a bummer.  Especially since in Federal Way ward  we got like 30 lessons a week.  But each area is different.  Mike Crump who I talked about in my last letter was baptised on saturday.  Which was awesome.  He called me on tuesday night and said he wanted to be baptised on saturday and hoped that would be enough time.  I said it was plenty.  The Bishop baptised him.  Also I attended the baptism of Peter Gray before Mike's.  Peter decided to get baptised and what was really cool is that his dad Scott Gray was the one who baptised him.  Elder Park and I were the witnesses and Scott had a little trouble getting the prayer right.  But he got finally, he was a little embarrassed.  He also said that he is hopeful that his son Jon would be baptised this saturday.  So that is really cool, especially since only Jacob came to the baptism, the rest of the Greys were preparing for a wedding. 
   This week was a building foundation week.  We didnt have too many lessons, but we talked with a lot of our potentials and found some families that want us too come back.  So we built a lot of good relations.  The flores family is doing good.  Andrea still doesnt know when she wants to baptised.  We had a pretty funny experience.  Yesterday while tracting we knocked on this door and this little black girl opened it.  We asked if her parents were home. She opened the door further and this black guy said to come on in and take our shoes off.  We walked in and went in to the family room.  There was a man and his wife.  And we sat down and starting asking us questions.  It turns out they are from Kenya, they came to America 3 years ago. He told us that we were welcome in his home anytime and that if we needed a place to stay that we could stay with him and he was completely serious. So a really nice guy and family.  I mentioned halloween and the trunk or treat at our church that was a bad idea.  He thinks halloween is bad and that we shouldnt celebrate the dead.  But were going back to tomorrow to see his family. 
   Other than that not a whole is going on.  I think I might be getting sick.  It rained almost everyday last week. We got pretty soaked a couple of times.  We had a really good dinner with a member yesterday.  They made us steak with crab on top, it was really good! There was also mashed potatoes and corn bread. It was the best dinner I have had so far. 
   It is always a great day when west beats east. It's too bad that wesley's didnt have much luck but it sounds like they are improving and that is cool that Wes got a interception.  Hopefully everything is going good. I hope your case can get resolved. That is exciting about Kurt going to Africa. Did you get my letter about the CD's and music.  And if you can find the talk "Missionary Work and the Atonement" by Elder Holland..could you put it on a CD and send it to me. Its a really good talk.  The pictures were cool. Hope everyone has a good week and I Love You!
 
Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment