Monday, November 21, 2011

Electing not to punt...

Hello,
  So this week was a pretty good week.  We got a car!  That was pretty exciting.  We got it Tuesday night.  My companion had called the Zone leaders tuesday during the day, to check on a referral that they gave us  and also to ask if we were getting a car. Elder Park said that we were not getting a car.  But Tuesday night they came over and dropped of the car.  My companion was pretty happy about that.  But the car has helped us we have been able to visit a lot more people.
  This week we found a lot of potential investigators and two new investigators.  Which is pretty good.  And we are going to start teaching again this young women whose dad is getting more active.  She has gone to church the past several weeks,  So hopefully we can put her on date for baptism sometime in december,  She is are only proggressing investigator at this time, but their are a couple other investigators who we are going to try and put on date for december as well. 
  We met with Shibley, the hawaiin lady, on Thursday.  My companion said the opening prayer and after the prayer her dog jumped on my lap.  I was like ok as long as you dont go crazy I'm ok with it.  After a couple of seconds I started to feel something wet....it peed on me.  So that was a really great experience, I had to excercise a lot of patience  to not punt the dog off my lap.  I did push it off though, but I didnt say anything because I didnt want her to feel bad. So I have to dry clean that suit today.  \
  Also there were a ton of changes in the zone.  The zone leaders moved to Redondo.  Which I know Elder Park was happy about.  I could tell that when we were in federal way together he kinda missed redondo.  Redondo has a lot of marshalese! But the Assistants actually moved to federal way, my old ward.  So that was kinda cool. 
  Oh and Sister Webster from the Dash Point ward which is in my stake called me Saturday night.  I guess she is really good friends with Karen, and knows Dad.  I havent called her back yet.  The last two days have been really busy.  She wants us to come over for dinner but I dont know if that will happen.  Were suppose to stay in our areas and only have dinner on sat, sun, and mondays.  But I will call her today and talk with her, and try to explain kindly that I cant come to dinner. 
  And the reason we were busy Saturday was that we had a meeting in Bellevue with the whole mission.  And when I say meeting, I mean we got to hear from Elder Dalin H. Oaks, his wife, and Elder Rasband.  Not big deal right?  I got to shake his hand as well.  It was pretty cool! I guessed I probably could of mentioned in my previous emails that this was happening.  He addressed our whole mission for about an hour. He didnt really talk too much about the media campaign that is happening in our mission, which was kind of surprising.  I'll write a letter about what he talked about.  He has a really good sense of humor!  I imagine most of the apostles do, but you just imagine them being serious most of the time.  But there were times when the whole chapel was laughing, he was serious though too.  It was a pretty special experience!
  Well that is about it.  We are going over to our ward mission leaders house for thanksgiving.  We have also been welcomed by the Longs.  We will probably eat leftovers with the Longs for about two or three days.  Yesterday at ward council, they talked about our housing situation.  And the ward is brainstorming available housing for the missionaries.  Because the Longs are moving to utah this summer they need to get the house ready to be sold.  I dont know exactly when we will get kicked out of the Longs house but probably within a transfer or two.  That will be kinda sad if I end up staying in Jovita Creek that long. 
   It sounds like a pretty goood week.  I hope Dad had a good time in orlando.  From what mom says Wesley had a couple of good basketball games.  However Wes, mom says your defense is mediocre. Whats up with that? Your not Jimmer yet, you cant take defense off! Anyway have a good thanksgiving!  I think we are having a zone or mission activity on thanksgiving morning and I think its basketball. So I'm pretty excited about that.  We might play some basketball today which would be fun.  My companion has been sick for the last week. Im amazed I'm not sick yet.  I think we might still play though.  I love you!
Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment