Wednesday, December 28, 2011

White Washed!

Dear Family,
 
   These last couple of days have been really busy and crazy.  Monday afternoon I got a call from the assistants and I was called to be a trainer and a district leader.  Yesterday I found out where I was going. I am in the May Valley ward. May Valley ward is in the Bellevue South zone.  Since I am training, my companion and I were "white washed" into the area, which means we are both new there.  The reason we were white washed is because it has been a sister missionary area.  So that may or may not be the reason I smell like "luscious embrace"....i didnt bring any soap or shampoo with me. 
   May Valley is a car area and we are living with members.  They are very nice.  We are still trying to figure everything out. Like how to get to place to place and where the church is and basically everything.  Yesterday I went to transfers and picked up my new car then went to the mission home in mercer island.  There the trainers found out who their comanions were going to be.  Before we left, President Larking talked to both us.  I guess the bishop in May Valley really wants the area to be one of the higher baptizing area's in the mission.  So the ward is receiving a lot of attention from the stake.  There is a lot of work to be done.  Last years goal for the year was 6 convert baptisms.  To put that in perspective the Federal Way Ward goal (my first area) for november and december was 15.  But there are some really good things happening.  I am excited to be here.  We met with the Bishop last night and he is really good and wants to be involved in missionary work.  We are meeting with the Ward Mission Leader tonight.  The sister missionaries told me he is great, when we talked briefly  at transfers. 
  That is what is happening to this point.  I was surprised again to be transferred since my old companion has been in that ward for almost 8 months straight.  Seems like everytime I dont think I am going to get transferred I do.  It is exciting to be in this new area with a brand new missionary.  His name is Elder Peterson and he is from Draper, Utah.  He is excited to be out.  I can tell these last few days has been a little overwhelming.  But I can relate to that.  The first few days there is so much thrown at you at once.  He is doing great though. 
  Christmas was good as well.  Definitely different, but it wasn't too bad.  Being able to talk to you guys was great.  Dinner was very good and we played a couple of games after dinner that night since we were allowed to have a two hour christmas dinner. 
  Being a district leader is a little nerve wracking.  The zone leaders and sister missionaries are the two comanionships in my district.  It will be a new challenge, but it will be good.  
  Winter weather is back.  It seems like the rain is trying to catch up and get up to the months average these past few days.  It's been pretty gray.  Well we got to go get shopping done so we can start proslyeting.  I hope everything is going good.  Talk to you soon.  I love you!
 
        Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment