Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Campsites and wards, leave them..


Dear Family,
 This week was actually really good. The last week before transfers is usually the hardest to stay focused and the district goals are usually pretty low. But we had a really good week.  We found a new inv named Charlie who is on date and he came to church the first Sunday. I think he liked it, it was different from what he was accustomed to but it was good. I was a little disappointed in the ward.  I didn't feel there was enough welcomes and only bishop asked his name and actually had a real introduction. Also Jordan and Connor Stanley were at church.  Their dad is a member but the mom isn't. Parents are divorced, so it's kind of a sensitive situation. The mom just recently  gave permission for them to be taught. So were proceeding with caution and are having  them pray right now to be baptised on the 26th. Also we had Katie at church. Who we tracted into, and recently moved here, she has been in active for the past two years. She really enjoyed it. And we found a Kenyan this week. I was so excited. Kenyans are so nice. His name is Anthony and he has been to our church around the world for different music programs but knows nothing about our doctrine or religion.  He said he would come to church next Sunday. 
  I didn't get transferred, neither did Elder Yamashita. So that's good. I was a little nervous. I really didn't want to get transferred. When you get transferred you always want the ward to be in a better position then when you came. I don't know if were there yet but were getting close and moving in the right direction. 
  All our finding right now is from tracting or contacting.  And that's pretty prominent throughout the mission. This is a tracting mission.  We'll get the occasional referral, and those are usually really solid, but not too often.  We tract about 4 hours everyday. Every missionary tracts from 5-7 every night, and then were suppose to tract for 2 more hours sometime during the day.  We usually have about 3 or 4 set up lessons and then we fill the rest of the day with potentials and formers and just talking to everyone we see.
 I have actually received two letters and a package from the Flores family (Spanish family that got baptised in Jovita Creek).  They sent be a birthday package. Which I kind felt bad about they got me a tie and the package was big.  I didn't really want them to spend money on me when their not the best well off. But what can you do...They are doing really good, going to church every Sunday, Jacob got the priesthood and is passing the sacrament.  So that's awesome.  And the investigator that we watched the Joseph Smith movie with on Christmas ended up getting baptised this month.  After I left he dropped the elders because he didn't get an answer. But I guess he called Elder Tingey at the beginning of April and said that he broke up with his girlfriend and was ready to come to church and prepare for baptism. That's was cool to here.  Nina Townsend and Mike Crump are still going to church they were part member families so they are solid.  Mike Crump actually got the Melchizedek priesthood and was able to give his son a baby blessing.  I haven't heard anything about the Grays. I knew that because of the time switch, Scott was going to the 1:00 service, but hopefully their still doing good. 
 I like my zone. I think there were a lot transfers in it so, it will be a little different. Elder Aiken got transferred  who was the zone leader, so we will have a new zone leader.  And Elder Birati who was in my district got transferred.  So sometimes you forget that sister missionaries are girls and do girl things.  Last night Sis Hirano was a little panicky with the transfers and everything. And yes, I am learning a little Japanese.
  This week is going to go by real fast.  We have a meeting on Wed., then on Friday we have a special zone conference because Elder Christoffel Golden Jr. (gave the talk Small, and Simple things in general conf a few years) is visiting our mission.  Then on Sunday he is doing a special missionary investigator fireside.  So it should be a good week. 
  Doing good with everything right now.  Ask Jordan what were the 3 or 4 things that he really focused on and helped him have success on his mission...Seems so weird that he is back, feels like a few months ago that he left.
 Have a great week. No, I have not made any mothers day plans. Probably won't until the week before, when we get an announcement about it. 
Love, Elder Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment